Wednesday, May 4, 2011

The Death of Osama Bin Laden

This is my personal opinion on the death of Osama Bin Laden. Am I glad that the head of the snake has been cut off? Heck yeah! Justice for the victims of 9-11? Dang right! But what I don't understand is the gloating, joking, etc. regarding his death. Whatever his crimes, his callous disregard for life and the opinion of others he was still a man - human, fallible just like all of us. Now he is dead and facing his god just like we all will one day. The man didn't deserve our respect but shouldn't we at least act as respectable humans regarding his death? Just as I believe the war protestors should show respect at the funerals of our soldiers.

“All mankind is of one author, and is one volume; when one man dies, one chapter is not torn out of the book, but translated into a better language; and every chapter must be so translated...As therefore the bell that rings to a sermon, calls not upon the preacher only, but upon the congregation to come: so this bell calls us all: but how much more me, who am brought so near the door by this sickness....No man is an island, entire of itself...any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind; and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee.” John Donne

God Bless America, her Soldiers and Civilians.

No comments:

Post a Comment